McMedia is among the best-trained teams in the AV industry.
We pride ourselves in offering the latest in audio visual services, and take pleasure in helping our clients find the most innovative solutions to their individual requirements. We have gained a reputation for being reliable, flexible, approachable and economical.
Owner, Graham McGlashan, founded McMedia during Expo 86 when several Expo Pavilions were left without AV services after their original supplier failed to follow through on promised commitments. Graham stepped up to the many challenges and ensured each Expo event was nailed down to the last detail. He pulled it off without a hitch. Today, Graham is known in the industry as a seasoned expert in his field and his knowledge of AV equipment is unparalleled.
Together, the focus of McMedia is to build positive and lasting relationships with each client, and exceeding expectations every step of the way.
McMedia is an active community contributor, donating equipment and services to many non-profit organizations and fundraising events. Our community efforts focus on three key areas: local charitable initiatives, children's charities, and education. We are dedicated to assisting and supporting many local organizations, such as:
- Vancouver YMCA
- The Children's Wish Foundation
- Abbotsford Hospice Society
- Disabled Sailing Association
- Jericho Sailing Centre
- Children's Hospital Golf Tournament
- Plus many community theatre troops and events through in-kind donations
Environmental and Sustainability Guidelines
McMedia strives to minimize the potentially harmful effects to the environment, wherever and whenever possible. We use the following guidelines to ensure we achieve the best practice possible in all respects relating to the environment.
- McMedia actively markets and promotes products from manufacturers who strive to reduce the environmental impact of business by conserving the use of raw materials and resources in their operations and services, and by minimizing waste.
- McMedia complies with all relevant environmental laws and regulations, ordinances, and other requirements.
- McMedia ensures that environmental considerations are included in all aspects of our business planning and operations, consistent with sound business management practices.
- McMedia uses LED lighting in show and install situations whenever possible.
- McMedia uses products that are designed to be as energy efficient as possible and whenever possible we use those that are ENERGY STAR qualified.
- McMedia uses more efficient power supplies, components that require less power, and the latest in power management software.
- McMedia actively promotes and participates in the collection of any recyclable materials (such as expired projector lamps) to facilitate the recycling process.